Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Shape of Reviews to Come

Hello everyone,

my name is Kevin (K-Port66) and I am going to be using this blog to give you all a place to come for all of your reviewing needs. I am an avid video gamer (old school and new school) and I will be supplying both written and video reviews on this site for your reading/viewing pleasure.

At first, I am going to be focusing on bringing you reviews of games for the NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy (Color), Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast and will then move on to reviewing games for the Wii, DS, GBA, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, XBOX, and XBOX 360.

The main goal of this site is to give gamers a place to go for reliable and honest reviews of video games. I will try to be as unbiased as possible. For example, even though the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES is a great game and it paved the way for many platformers to come, it is not the greatest game of all-time as many sites like IGN would lead you to believe. It may be (arguably) the most influential, sure, but I am going to be reviewing games and considering how good they are now (how well they have held up over time) rather than reviewing them and factoring in the time of their release. Of course, I will comment on these things, and if a game was a great technical achievement for it's time, I won't take anything away from the game...but it won't be getting any bonus points for that fact is all that I'm trying to say...that probably took way too many words for me to get out, so sorry about that!

Anyways, I hope you'll all use this site as a source for all of your gaming needs. Take care!

-K-Port66

No comments:

Post a Comment